Vented Helmets

scrambler

OH so you're saying have the air drawn through the helmet from the front to the back and then down to the belt. This would work well in diluting the exhaust from the rider. and those behind me would greatly appreciate it. Also if you could hang a car air freshener in the front of the inlet at the helmet it would keep your head and ..... exhaust smelling fresh. like lemon, roses or pine.

:huh:

• Like 2

You're not daft :rotfl:

Man, is that ever a subject for debate...... :hyper:

Zippy, maybe you could wear those "Depends" undergarments for people with no bowel control, and get "filtered air" that way..... :blush:

I personally have a used, open-faced Airoh (aren't they all open faced?), and really like it a lot. Like the snap deal for fastening & unfastening. And I definitely get more air/ventialtion/the goofy thing just feels cooler & much lighter than my mx helmet.

But I do like the full face protection I get from my mx helmet. I'm curious if anyone has tried mountain bike helmets? Some of them are full face, and I'd assume that they are lightweight with some ventilation......

Jimmie

Brilliant ! :icon_salut: You're not daft :rotfl:

Man, is that ever a subject for debate...... :hyper:

Zippy, maybe you could wear those "Depends" undergarments for people with no bowel control, and get "filtered air" that way..... :blush:

Jimmie

I may not be "daft" but I am surely not exactly normal in my way of thinking. I seem to be able to hold a good conversation with 5-9 yr olds. Teenagers I can hold a conversation for a good 10-15 mins. Adults?? eh many of them just don't "get" my way of thinking.

HMMM Depends you say? I am not socially conscious enough to actually spend money to make those behind me inhale better air.

On to the helmet, I am using a NZ Tri-Vent, it is a few years old. (not sure if still available) Definitely protects my head (don't ask, just trust me it works) Vented like a screen door on a submarine. Drawbacks, I still sweat like a politician cursed with telling the truth, The liner is not removable so every so often I take it in the shower and wash it out. Most aggravating part is the buckle closure rusted right up about 3 months into owning it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

On the comment of fans.

At one time I was in shape enough to play Paint ball. Several of the protective goggle makers offered small fans that did a reasonable job of keeping the goggles from foging up and your face at least a little cooler. Look for somthing like that and you might be able to modify it into your helmet, right under the bill. Idea anyway.

So, airoh is the way to go for helmets?

Blip...

Edited by blipontheradar