Year 2000 Txt 249

beta boy

I had one, it was little used when I bought it i had it for about 2 years with no major faults at all. I thought it was an exellent beginners bike with good suspension, smooth power and a really good hillclimb bike.

My friend has it now and it still performs reliably despite a severe lack of maintenance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ian

after having a 96 beta for 3 yrs i switched to a 2000 txt 249 in 2002. I had the pleasure for the next two and a bit years of owning a very competitive and very reliable trials bike. 3 lakes 2 days, 2 manx, 3 scotts all finished, 2 france 4 days, never missed a beat in any, and club trials most wkends!this was not just on easy course either!the bike is capable of any expert course.

Edited by its a kinda magic

The 'Pre pro' gassers are probably the most reliable trials bikes you will come accross! Well made, soft power, grip well. You cant go wrong :P 900 sheets sounds a good buy! You see some real rough ones around and they are still reliable and competitive.

Edited by Jools

There was an updated cylinder head about 2001 maybe, that helped bike run a lot smoother on unlead fuel. That prob the only real differences, plastics & graphics apart. Oh, & maybe the forks - went from screwed on seal holders to one piece lowers at some time....