Just Bought New Gas Gas Pro 2006 Help Please :)

monty_trials

Hi people's

I've just bought it today and needs a few things to make it 100% trials ready

It needs wheel bearings back and front, and I am not sure on size? Are they same size back and front?

Should I go for the fast or slow action throttle? Bare in mind I am a novice!

Also plug size? BPR5ES?

ACU license? Do I need one before I do a trial? Or can I just get a day one just to start?

There is probably more I will need to know as its my first trials bike in 7 years lol any help will be grate!

Hi people's

I've just bought it today and needs a few things to make it 100% trials ready

It needs wheel bearings back and front, and I am not sure on size? Are they same size back and front?

Should I go for the fast or slow action throttle? Bare in mind I am a novice!

Also plug size? BPR5ES?

ACU license? Do I need one before I do a trial? Or can I just get a day one just to start?

There is probably more I will need to know as its my first trials bike in 7 years lol any help will be grate!

Congratulation! What size? 300??

Bearings rear: 6004 2RS

Bearings front with Marzocci forks 6905 2RS (With standard forks 6004 2RS)

Spot on regardng the plug

Try the standard throttle first. If problems, consider change.

Dont know nothing about license rules

Enjoy! :)

-Jan

Congratulation! What size? 300??

Bearings rear: 6004 2RS

Bearings front with Marzocci forks 6905 2RS (With standard forks 6004 2RS)

Spot on regardng the plug

Try the standard throttle first. If problems, consider change.

Dont know nothing about license rules

Enjoy! :)

-Jan

thanks that's a grate help! It's a 250 pro 2006

Which is a standard throttle? As I've only seem to of found fast or slow action. As I wanna change it as its got too much play in it due to the usual wear!

Can't wait to ride it but don't wanna use it until its set up correct, so will need your help guys :)

Edited by monty_trials

"Fast action" is the standard throttle. Its got white tube. The slow action throttle got a black tube.

You dont say your age, but I assumed you have done at least most of your first 20 years?

250 is a good choice and yo should cope OK with standard throttle. Most adult people make the mistake thinking they need a 300...

-Jan

Which is a standard throttle? As I've only seem to of found fast or slow action. As I wanna change it as its got too much play in it due to the usual wear!

:)

If there is too much play (have to rotate throttle quite a bit before the slide in carb raises, thus "initiating" VRROOOM) You may want to try adjusting your throttle cable first before changing anything. Just use the adjuster on top of the carb. It may be that the cable has stretched a bit and that's all.

Licence rules! (ACU)

It's called a registration and costs £10. they run from 1st Jan to 31st Dec.

They don't do one day tickets in Trials like in they do for Enduro.

You have to be a member of an ACU club and then they will give you a unique code and then you can apply for one.

Some clubs will let you ride if you turn up and join their club, with a fully completed application form in a paid envelope so they can endorse it and then they should post it.

They can be renewed online but if it's your first one you will need to attach a passport photo to the form post it,

Here's a link to the application form;

http://www.acu.org.uk/Uploaded/1/Documents/2013-licences/2013-ACU-Trials-Registration-Form.pdf

Rick.

"Fast action" is the standard throttle. Its got white tube. The slow action throttle got a black tube.

You dont say your age, but I assumed you have done at least most of your first 20 years?

250 is a good choice and yo should cope OK with standard throttle. Most adult people make the mistake thinking they need a 300...

-Jan

i am 32, ye i was even thinking maybe a 200cc but the 250 came along at the rite deal. Was a lucky buy to be honest :) ye would never go for a 300 :)

If there is too much play (have to rotate throttle quite a bit before the slide in carb raises, thus "initiating" VRROOOM) You may want to try adjusting your throttle cable first before changing anything. Just use the adjuster on top of the carb. It may be that the cable has stretched a bit and that's all.

Thanks for that!! I forgot about adjusting it on carb lol. I will try that tomorrow. But it does have a bit of wear inside the domino throttle sleeve, probably go away if i adjust it. Just looked today and its got the slow one on it at the moment...But i guess i wont know which to go for until i take it out for at least a hour