Bought Some Novogar Boots...

charlie chitlins

OK...my red, white and blue "Captain America" Alpinestars from the 80's finally gave up, and my spares are too clapped out to wear.

I crashed, ripped off a sole and broke a toe.

I've always got used boots before...this is my very first pair of NEW trials boots.

The Novogars look good for the money...as in, they're the cheapest.

Got the "carbon" look...very cool.

My feet are 8.5 EE or EEE, almost as wide as long with very high instep and arches.

I got the 43 (about 9.5) and they're a tad snug in the width, but I walked around in them for awhile and they now feel super comfortable.

I had to let the lowest strap WAY out so I could buckle it.

The soles are WAY stiffer than my old boots and I can't feel the pegs.

I'm sure I'll get used to this.

The "carbon" material appears to be very abrasion resistant and I expect long life from them.

Looking forwarding to riding in them this weekend!

An older fella who owned a shoe store fitted my shoes one time using alcohol in a little spray bottle

It lets the leather streach

So put on some fat socks and crank em up tight and spray the tight spots, works good

• Like 1

An older fella who owned a shoe store fitted my shoes one time using alcohol in a little spray bottle

It lets the leather streach

So put on some fat socks and crank em up tight and spray the tight spots, works good

Years ago I bought some special shoe stretcher spray and the smell told me it could only have been rubbing alcohol.

Not sure it would sink in to this leather...it seems to have a pretty impermeable coating.

I think it'll be OK...I wore them around the house/yard for a couple hours and they got much more comfortable.

Anybody notice a difference in boots regarding the flexibility/feel of the soles?

Just balancing in the garage I felt really light on my feet because the soles didn't bend around the peg, but the feel/feedback wasn't there.

I'll know soon and post some impressions.

Ya they loosen up a lot but go get yourself some good quality insoles for them, the standard ones suck to walk sections in

Yeah...very hard on the foot bed. My son noticed immediately when he tried them on. He said his offroad/enduro boots have much better insoles.

What do you recommend?

I've never bought insoles.

Ya sorry man we have this place up here called Marks workwear, big chain in canada

Anyway they have plenty of workbook insoles and I used one of them

If you pull the cheep thing that's in your boots you will know you need something better LOL

I would keep away from running shoe insoles