2 Spark Plugs In 2 Weeks..

mxmarc

has any one got any idea why my beta rev 3 is destroying spark plugs all the time?? yesterday i rode it and it was fine... stoped and it wouldnt start again, changed the plug and away she went after the first kick, the broken plug looked black.

Cheers Marc

Clean air filter first as said above and keep it clean. What plug, gas/oil ratio and what 2stroke oil are you using?

FYI: if your airfilter is dirty, your engine cant suck through enough air and will compensate by trying to suck more gas out of your carb, causing it to run rich. Too much oil will also run rich and fowl plugs. Cr@py oil will also burn bad and fowl the plug.

I clean my filter every second ride (I ride abour 2 hour every day). I use Belray H1R oil at a 60:1 ratio (150ml to 10l gas). Plug im using is a NGK BP6ES (this will vary according to location and temp).

Edited by mokwepa

Clean air filter first as said above and keep it clean. What plug, gas/oil ratio and what 2stroke oil are you using?

FYI: if your airfilter is dirty, your engine cant suck through enough air and will compensate by trying to suck more gas out of your carb, causing it to run rich. Too much oil will also run rich and fowl plugs. Cr@py oil will also burn bad and fowl the plug.

I clean my filter every second ride (I ride abour 2 hour every day). I use Belray H1R oil at a 60:1 ratio (150ml to 10l gas). Plug im using is a NGK BP6ES (this will vary according to location and temp).

You clean your filter every second ride???

Really???

You need to get yourself a social life mate!

TLTEL