Stroke Spec. Of '08 125?

charlie chitlins

I can't find this on the Sherco website.

The '01 200 I rode was so killer, I'm trying to figure out if I put a 200 top end on my son's 125, if it will run the same.

The '08 125 is so revvy, I have a hard time imagining it has the same stroke as the older 200.

So the stroke on the '01 2.0 is 50.7mm.

Anybody know what it is for the lad's '08 125?

Hi Charlie, sorry I can't help with the spec's but I have a 07 125 Sherco with a 200 top end and a flat slide carby, I bought it that way 2 years ago from a junior riders dad.

I stepped up/down from a 250 Beta Techno, and this little 200 had so much go I have had to de-tune it so that I can ride in the sections that I do now.

I have a mate with a Beta Rev3 200, and he would not ride it until I got it sorted, now I give him a go and he won't come back.

And that was before I de-coked the muffler. Once that was done I had to retard the ignition a bit to get it back to where it was more controllable again.

Cheers Taff

Something has changed for the late model bikes, I've ridden both a 07 or 08 125 & a 12 or 13 125 this year & they're completely different bikes to ride.

The new bike was an academy from memory & very hard to ride for someone used to a 290, no bottom end to speak of & all the power concentrated in the upper revs, the earlier bike was very easy to adapt to with heaps of bottom end & still had lots up top

I don't recall ever seeing a 200 over here but I'd expect their character to be closer to the black frame 125 just more of it