Anybody Tried The Irc Tr-11 Rear Tire? (Vs Michelin Vs Dunlop)

thesolidman1

Hi, Michelin X-11 have really gone up in price recently. Currently, one can almost buy 2 Dunlops for the price of one Michelin. So I'm rethinking my alligence to Michelin, but I see the IRC is just a bit more than the Dunlop. Was wondering if anyone has knowledge of them....Thanks!

Personally having run X11, X lights and IRC rears in the last couple of years found the X light to be the best all round and found no advantage with an IRC even in the mud.

Rather than buying budget tyres to save dosh would strongly suggest either a compressor or spare wheel to enable some good tyre management. Will save you wasting good tyres when practicing or even during the summer when a good edge is not required.

Idea for World trials - 4 rear tyres for the season

• Like 2

We used IRC for a couple of years but found they didn't hold air as well as the Michelin. Other than that they were pretty good. The other tyres tend to be pretty "hard". Good for wear but not for competing. Dunlop did have a tyre that SSDT competitors swore by as it never deflated, punctured or came off the rim. Not so good for Normal Trials though. I gather that the latest Dunlop is not as good as that one was.

We have just received and now tested in a trials, the new Goldentyre Gecko trials tire and quite impressed. Knobs are a bit taller and softer than others, sidewall is similar to Dunlop. Give em a try, They about $100 cheaper than a Michelin here.