Unbelievable Beta Zero & Gara Early 90's (Jason Finn)

ironbelly

I just came across this video Via Jason's New facebook fanpage, I had to watch it several times to take in some of the stuff he was doing on a 20 year old bike, the 180 hop from stand still at the end looks so effortless, not seen any rider do it today on a modern bike let alone back then.

I never rode the beta zero, i did ride the tr34 that looked a lot smaller in comparison to the zero, unreal what these guys did with these bikes, the size, cable clutch! Im sure these bikes will be very collectible in the near future!

I never rode the beta zero...Im sure these bikes will be very collectible in the near future!

I like the sound of that! I just picked-up a 1993 Beta Zero last weekend after a 30 year hiatus from trials. My last bike was a TY80 when I was a kid - so this seems really modern by comparison - even though it's 20 years old.

Here's a pic from this afternoon.

https://picasaweb.google.com/ckdmobile/Trials?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Trying again...

betasmal.jpg

that is a really clean Zero, silver plastics? what year used those, 1990' red, 91' black, 92' purple, 93' was the Gara Model, silver front Mudgaurd and radiator cover, so it looks like your bike was the 93' Gara (Zero) just the rear mudguard that is throwing me, anyone know?

It's a '93 Gara - the bike came with a second set of plastics that have never been used.

The rear fender should look familiar!

IMG_0017.JPG

Yes I could see your bike was a Gara, it was just your rear mudguard is Silver and there was never a Silver Mudguard made, unless its been sprayed silver? a NOS set of Plastics, they have got to be worth big ££££ let us know how you get on with the bike! Great Find.

• 2 weeks later...

Much if not all of that was Jordi Tarres. Believe me the man could do that and more. I watched him ride a moped over a metal guardrail. And despite that talent Jordi was and still is the nicest guy you'd ever want to meet. A true champion.

Its true Dan. The video is all Jason Finn. A lot of Jason's inspiration came from Jordi Tarres and the suit was Jordi's as well.