4Rt New 260 - Who's Got One?

johnnyboxer

Its some years since I rode a 4Rt and wondered if someone can answer following questions about the new ones.

Firstly due to the high tick over speed can they be ridden in tight circles without clutching?

Can tickover speed be turned down?

How hard are they to kick over compared to a 280 / 300 2T?

One thing I would like to see on them is a formed wrap round sump guard rather than that protruding flat thing.

Can't answer for new 260 have not arrived in OZ yet, but I set my 06 at 1,200 rather than 1,800 recommended in the book. Never had a problem but depends on your starting technique, if you can hold the throttle dead still whilst just cracked open a couple of mm,s then it will start dead easy.

this and the answer to the first question is also affected by the EFI programme you run and for tight turns is also dependent on gearing.

I ran std 10 front sprocket and 2 teeth more on rear. With Zog 3 map it will turn full lock with clutch in on the flat but I prefer to use the clutch just in case you hit a small rock etc. that can cause a sudden stop.

After today at the first trial i've done on the gasgas ,made my mind up that it's going on Tuesday for a new 4rt.

The gasgas rides dead good but even today ,on a bike that's less than a year old , it developed another pathetic problem.Talked to a guy who had a new Repsol,and he summed it up.He want's a good day with his bike knowing it's not going to break or need a daft repair,and his Mont makes him smile.Enough said .Just hope i'm making the right decision.

• Like 3

Now that there are a few new 4rts about has anybody got a back to back comparison of an old 4rt compared to the new models. Are they better, same or just different. Anybody got any inside info on the engine braking reduction. I've heard this can be done to older models. Is this a software mod or hardware mod. Evidently nothing obviously mechanically different. Is engine braking a bad thing or has it been done to help people switch from 2t

Now that there are a few new 4rts about has anybody got a back to back comparison of an old 4rt compared to the new models. Are they better, same or just different. Anybody got any inside info on the engine braking reduction. I've heard this can be done to older models. Is this a software mod or hardware mod. Evidently nothing obviously mechanically different. Is engine braking a bad thing or has it been done to help people switch from 2t

Good post, I'd like to know a lot of those points too

I understand that the reduction is done using a valve in the crankcase, though I've not yet spotted it on my 260. I'll try and do a back-to-back with a 250 when I get the chance, probably at the next trial or practice. There doesn't seem to be much difference in engine braking between the 260 and my previous 2T bike.

Cheers,

Ian.

Looks like i'll have to wait a couple of month to buy a 4rt.Yet another sickner. Got offered £2600 (a 2013 bike less than a year old) for it against a brand new bike ,and my bike is mint condition with no problems as i type. So i'll be selling it private.

Sicker than a sea going Parrot !

Looks like i'll have to wait a couple of month to buy a 4rt.Yet another sickner. Got offered £2600 (a 2013 bike less than a year old) for it against a brand new bike ,and my bike is mint condition with no problems as i type. So i'll be selling it private.

Good things come, to those who wait. Hope you have some luck selling soon.

• Like 1

£2600 for a 2013 250.................they're having a laugh, unfortunately at your expense

• Like 1

Looking at your location it's not hard to guess which dealer offered you a paltry sum, for a year old 4rt

Have you tried north of the Border ?

May have more joy

Johnny, it's a GasGas he's px'ing.

Thanks for the concern johnny b.

So ,after a chit chat with the long haired chief of staff,she said "why don't you live for now and take your own advise,just go and buy one and sell the GashGash your self , if you go to another comp you might devalue it even more !"

So i have . So now i have a new bright red Mont sat here next to me .

The manual is brill addition ,hate CD manuals ,much prefer the book. The bike ---well bloody hell ! Only the second time in my adult life i've bought a brand new trials bike.Not quite sunk in yet.It's ace !

You were correct jj65 , just waited a lot less than i anticipated.

• Like 4