Raga Rear Brake

jdilks101

Spoke with Stu - says he used a 9.5mm Aluminum Oxide ball hone - 320 grit. 3 quick full length passes. Nothing real scientific as he checked for burrs with a q-tip. Before deburring - he would snag a few strands on the vent hole. After, it was smooth and snag free. Sounds silly, but worked for him. Clean and Flush it thoroughly and make sure the vent isnt blocked. Ideally, get a new MC - ask for the new one with the big(er) fluid window and your good to go.

• Like 1

Hi Sting

No need to apologize.

I never had the pleasure of owning a new trials bike (by my own choice) so I never had to rely on warranty for them.

The only thing on Wheels that I ever bought new, was my road motorcycle, a 1988 BMW R80 that I still ride today, and when there was a problem with corrosion when it was just one year old, I asked for the replacement of those parts and got them without much problems.

I make my living as a mecanic, so my first instinct, much like yours I gather, is to get the parts and fix the problem so I can ride again. That's why we buy the damn things, right? ;)

And altough the trials market is rather small, this is no reason for us accept poor quality but I think we're on the same line on that.

I hope you can enjoy your club event and the 2 day trial that are coming up.

• Like 1

Gas gas did themselves no favors by not thoroughly investigating this and rectifying this at the first sign of trouble. The next time a GG dealer complains about lack of sales (and several are) tell them to make bikes with kickstarts, gearboxes and brakes that work.

A few years ago a bloke I know had the ignition on his GG 250 fail at just over a year old. GG UK could not care less and dealer from who he bought bike new charged well over £300 to fix it., I still have the bits and all it was was a faulty trigger coil. Complete stator and flywheel had to be replaced as GG only supplied them as complete set.

• Like 1