Beginner Lessons / Courses North East England

totty79

Is anyone offering training suitable for beginners in the north east?

I asked at Warden Law and they said someone used to do lessons there but they haven't seen them for ages.

I'm just looking to speed up my progress since I've missed the summer with bike faults. I've got about 6 hours experience on a trials bike so I'm a total novice. (I'll hopefully get a few more hours tomorrow at Warden Law, if I'm not too stiff after Fridays fall - I hesitated twice,

on and off the throttle when I realised I had no idea what was over a hill I was half way up, flipped it and didn't land too well.)

Steve Saunders does come up this way every now and again. His next session for Spen Valley members is already fully booked however.

BUMPY in Birstall near Leeds do instruction on Trials Bikes. Give them a ring and see what they can do.

The Dougie Lampkin School is usually held in August Near Silsden and is popular. Again you will have to wait until 2014.

Apart from that the ACU did have some Instructors listed but they appear to be buried in their site again.

Hello totty

Do you go riding by yourself if so you wont be learning much,have you been to one of your local trials yet to see other people in action.you will probabbley learn quite alot and all the guys and girls will be happy to point you in the right direction as to what you want to learn.

I've mostly ridden by myself. Wobblenorbed came through and helped me prepare for a trial, which was a massive help but the rear tyre coming off the rim cut us short and also meant I missed the trial.

I've been to three trials as a spectator and I've got another thread on what techniques to start with.

I don't get many free weekends and I've missed the light nights so I'm just looking to speed up my progress. The plan was to fit in 4 or 5 practise sessions then a couple of trials by June - if I liked it after that sort out transport and upgrade to a better bike, if not use the garage space for another road bike.

I think the only way to learn is go to a trial in the north east and just have a try. Or join croft trials club in darlington where it's £70 for a full year and you can ride everyday of the week, Instead of paying £100 + for steve saunders/ any one else :) Hope this advise help

I'm surprised the trials list of coaches is so much smaller than the others. It may be a smaller sport but it's often considered to be more technical.

Anyway I think I'm sorted now as I've been PM'd the number of the guy that runs sessions at Warden Law.

Thanks guys.