Gas Gas Txt280 2002

spike2450

Hi

Is there such a thing as a owners or workshop manual for the gas gas.

For instance there are adjusters on top of the forks, (ideal settings) etc.

And others for the novice, tyre pressures, oil mix ratio and it seems that Castrol tts is popular?

Any help would be great.

Found a good site today http://www.trialstrainingcenter.com/html/how_to_ride.html

cheers

Hi

Thanks for all the info, it's a txt model with adjusters as you described. However both adjusters have been turned fully out, can you let me know how many settings there are and what would be a good starting point ? (I'm 12 stone ex MXer but only novice at trials).

Sorry for so many questions but my front brake was crap, so i've bled them and found two slightly seized pistons (wheel side). The brakes are now slightly better, but i would like to strip the caliper, is it ok to take the two halves of the caliper apart?

Thanks for everyones help

dave

Hey Spike, I think r2 pretty much covered the fork thing. The clickers are not as effective as the ones your probably used to on MX bikes, very subtle adjustments I've found. If I remember correctly I think they use 300cc of oil per leg. One leg is rebound, one is compression. You can vary fork oil weights to get the results you want if your keen. Basically I think r2's advise about balancing the front to the rear is the single biggest thing, particularly for beginners.

As for your brakes, once you get everything back together give them a good "seasoning". By that I mean get your garden hose out and ride around the yard for a few minutes with the brake on, dragging. Get the rotor good and hot (not to the point of discolouration, but pretty hot) and while it's still hot hit it with the cold water. Do this a couple of times and I think you'll be very impressed with the improvement. I'm not quite sure why it works, but know it does. Had a Sherco back a few years ago with horrible brakes...seasoned them regularly and they were fine. Not usually a problem with the newer 4 piston calipers, but seems to be more pronounced on the two piston models.

i have split my caliper before but one thing i didint see is that there is a really small seal. which i lost. so i had to buy a full new piston kit. if i remember rightly

Edited by kenny123