06 Txt Pro 300 Still Overheating After 20 Mins!

edgo

Originally overheated after a few minutes with the engine dying when the throttle was twisted. After a thorough check and clean of the fuel system, wiring, rectifiers, fan, radiator, thermoswitch and impeller, still no change so I replaced the thermoswitch in case it was dodgy.

I tested it today and it ran superb for 20 minutes then it over heated and died with throttle again. I'm going to try a slightly richer mix of 1:60 instead of 1:70 but I am not convinced it will change anything.

Any ideas? I'm getting a bit despondent..

By hard wired I take you mean bypassing the switch, I tried both and the fan and switch are fine and the impellor is perfect.

Sheared flywheel key, I certainly hadn't thought of that, but wouldn't you notice a slight drop in performance from the bike? It starts and runs superb.

Head O ring, this was the only thing I could think of but having no experience with O ring problems I was waiting to see if anyone would suggest it. Could this also result in a drop in performance or would it be negligible?