Gear Lever

huski

I have a 2011 250 pro,and the gear lever keeps working loose.Tried 2 gear levers,same result .I've sawn the gap in the lever wider so it clamps tight,but it still works loose.Never had this problem on previous models.Any ideas?

Hi huski

Drill out the thread in gear lever and put in a 6 mm helli coil or recoil as others call them , fit a good grade bolt HT 8 , I do this to farm bikes and have never lost a gear lever from coming loose works a treat

Cheers Wakka

I think its a 'feature' with that model as Steve Forrest lost about three in one day in France one year. I cant remember the eventual solution, but give him a call as he will know. I seem to remember we tried different makes, cable ties, chewing gum etc etc!

Otherwise, go back to the Beta ;-)

Drill out the lever threads and use a longer capscrew you can put a Nyloc nut on. This will get a better grip on the clamping part of the lever and not rely on the threads. I've seen some shift shafts that are worn away a little so that a stock lever will not grip correctly.

Jon

• Like 1