French 4 Day Trial

nickerlias

I am going to the French 4 Day on June 14th. Does anyone know what paperwork i need to take with me, eg insurance documents, v5 etc? I understand the bike needs working lights also. How strict are they on this?

Am very much looking forward to my first trial abroad and dont want to spoil it by not having all the necessary documents.

Also does anyone know if any spares will be available at the start?

Edited by Nickerlias

You need your ACU licence, driving licence and lights. The bike should be road legal for the country it's registered in. There are stalls selling some spares in the centre of the village.

Hope you enjoy it!

At the creuse trial they are not that strict on docs but take anything you do have with you, for spares that you cannot get at the stall at the start there is a trials shop "Atomic Moto 23" on the right just before you enter Gueret on the right hand side( small industrial units easy to miss) open every day of the trial apart from sunday 10-7 closed for lunch.

I am in the area and have seen some of the sections, they look quite a bit harder than last year.

According to my long experience out there I could say the organisation is getting more and more strict especially as regards youth who want to try to ride even if they're not allowed to. But if you're an adult you should take with you the documents others described above and it would work ! Have a good time !