Trials Cherry Now Busted

ourian

After completing my first trials at Leamington Victory today, I'm pleased to announce I'm no longer a trials virgin.

How did I get on? Well firstly I enjoyed every minute of it, secondly I spent a lot of time picking myself and the bike up out of the mud and paddling along the bottom of a very muddy trench.

This was my first time out on this bike and she ran absolutely perfect, to say we have now bonded is an understatement.

I hope I provided some entertainment for the more advanced members and my apologises to the observer on section 3 who I nearly wiped out. Thanks to all those who gave me tips and advice, they really are a great bunch.

I did opt out of section 6 and took all fives instead, I just knew I wouldn't make it up those muddy banks and had had enough of paddling along the ditch, which is where I would have ended up.

If anyone reading this is thinking about taking up trials, all I can say is do it, you'll be glad you did and if I'm anything to go by, so will the spectators.

Anyway here's a pic of the bike after our romantic bonding session, I'd like to say that the mud on the helmet is a result of a pre arranged safety test, but unfortunately it was because on one of my many offs, I ended up diving head first into the thankfully soft mud.

post-19190-0-54116000-1389553970_thumb.jpg

There is something about trials huh, how else can you explain having a good day after you

Ride like a dork

Fall off repeatedly

Come in last place

This cannot happen in any other sport can it?

My first trial in section one I did an endo off a log about as tall as a basketball, a woman yelled "Oh my god"

Second trial I stalled my bike on a straight 10 degree incline.....on section one

But I had a great time, what is it?

Nice one ian, glad you enjoyed yourself, I take it you will be doing it again then?

Most definitely Gary, I'm having another go this weekend at ESTC, I just need to practice more and get used to the bike, the TY performs different to the Gas Gas in the way power is delivered, the Gas Gas is instant and constant whereas the TY there seems to be a lag and then all of a sudden hell breaks loose and I end up showing my sump guard to everyone. But I'll get used to it and have fun trying.

There is something about trials huh, how else can you explain having a good day after you

Ride like a dork

Fall off repeatedly

Come in last place

This cannot happen in any other sport can it?

My first trial in section one I did an endo off a log about as tall as a basketball, a woman yelled "Oh my god"

Second trial I stalled my bike on a straight 10 degree incline.....on section one

But I had a great time, what is it?

I suppose it boils down to ones mental attitude - we're all mental.

If you participate to have fun, then surely you'll have fun whatever the outcome.

Another thing is the people, trials folk are just ace.