199A Won't Run Sweet!

bully m92

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi bully glad you got to the bottom of the problem. the sleave behind the wight can some times cease on i had the same happen to me.

Hi Bondy,

Well the motor's all stripped and in bits ha ha. Managed to get the sleeve off, once i had the crank out. BOY... did it take some budging lol.

Just need to sorce a crank and seal holder now lol.

Hello Hywel,

I've also got a problem with the clutch side oil seal holder but mine was caused by water damage.

When I bought the bike (199A) it had been sitting in someone's back garden with no plug in, the

mains, big end, crankpin, conrod & piston were all shot. The seal holder was pretty eaten up with

oxidation, I spoke to Inmotion but they don't do them so if I can't get hold of a used on in the next

couple of weeks I'm going to turn one as I've got some 4" ally bar in the workshop.

The original ones are cast so are pretty brittle so a turned one should be an improvement.

Dave.

Hi Bondy,

No mine are quite a bit different to those.

I would put a picture up but there aint much left of it ha ha.Does anyone know whether the crank from a 250 will fit?

The rest of the bike is in good fettle to be fair, Like i say the only issue i have now, is a new crank and clutch side seal holder, oh and a new wear sleeve.

The rest of the bike is in good fettle to be fair, Like i say the only issue i have now, is a new crank and clutch side seal holder, oh and a new wear sleeve.

Also forgot to mention mine is a 199 79/80. It also only has 2 main bearings.

shouldnt make any drifance to the seal holdee.do they look anything like the ones in the photo i put on hear? you can buy a new crank from spain but not cheap. your beter off buying a conplete motor and taking the good bits you need off it. failing that if you can wait see if you can buy a conplete 199 or got the telford bike show in feb you may get your parts there.

am not sure mate ive never been but have heard you can some times get parts. like i said if it was me id just buy another bike your going to find it hard to get them parts unless theres some body on hears thats got a spare 1 if your not in a rush just keep your eye on ebay they do come up from time to time. have you tryed inmotion?