Monty 315 Silencer

betarich

hi everyone my silencer on my 2002 Monty 315 has seen better days and im looking at getting either a new one or a good second had one, can anyone recommend anyone who is likely to have one? or is there any aftermarket replacements that is still as quiet as the stock silencer?

thanks rich

the person who had my bike before me put a thin layer of aluminium around the silencer and just put a few rivets in it to hold it and it doesn't look bad at all, if i was keeping it i would spend the money on a new one but i think i will be having a newer model in a few months so i am keeping it as it is.

Edited by toetoe

Hi Rich,

I think your options for aftermarket silencers are Dep (which I think the one on the Sandiford page is) which dont look or sound as nice as the standard item IMHO,

or the mitani silencer which is around 200 quid and is styled like the works bike with a straight through pipe for a little more umph. I'm not sure if you can still

get the standard item your best bet is to keep an eye on ebay where they turn up from time to time.

Gives me an excuse to post a picture of a mitani equipped 315 with said silencer.

Cheers

Guy

post-494-0-77075700-1389789168_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...