Spherical Bearings

b40rt

I am hoping to install spherical bearings on my shocks, but can't match od, id, and width with anything. The question is, if I mounted 2 spherical bearings on the same shaft, side by side, would this work ? The combined width of two bearings is the overall width I am trying to achieve.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

As long as you centre the spherical bearing, it will be fine to run a single bearing in place of the needle roller. We often replace the needle rollers with spherical bearings in bikes at work and they are rarely the same diameter as the needles. They always come up fine. :thumbup:

Thanks for all the help and info, I got some that were almost spot on. Thanks to John Bull of Rockshocks fame. I can't see why anybody that is experimenting with shocks would use any thing else !

They work really well and are easy to change in lenght, action, spring rate etc. And, if you were to damage any single bit it is replaceable.

I have no connection to John, but over the years have found him to be incredibly helpful.

• 1 month later...