Older Hondas

laird387

Hi,

We think this is the 1979 Red Rose trial, Rob Shepherd is trying a different line with the Honda, judging by the damp tyre marks in the section - and the spectators have found a handy perch. Photo: Barry Robinson.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-57486000-1395157803_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Another of our 'lost' images - Barry Robinson took this shot of Rob Shepherd on his Honda - but where and when, any help appreciated.

(Bisby says - Allan Jefferies, 1978, many thanks.)

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-15280300-1398341500_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387
  • Like 2

The picture of Rob Shepard above (Number 18) his riding number is 51 and on page 1 number 13 he is in the same brema one piece suit and riding number 51 and you have that event as the Allan Jefferies 1978, i think its the same event. Stephen.

• Like 1

The picture of Rob Shepard above (Number 18) his riding number is 51 and on page 1 number 13 he is in the same brema one piece suit and riding number 51 and you have that event as the Allan Jefferies 1978, i think its the same event. Stephen.

Well spotted, Stephen, thanks, Deryk

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Another of the 'lost' negatives, where did Barry Robinson take this photograph of the Honda rider, who is he and when?

It may seem that we have a vast number of 'lost' negatives - but on the bright side Barry, Jack Knoops and I have now managed to catalogue just over 15,000 images - and that's getting on for half the archive, the rest is mainly a matter of time and effort, happily there are well under 1000 'lost' negatives still to go.

Happily we all long since went digital, and that makes a huge difference when you don't have to scan each negative individually.

In any event, enjoy - that's what all the effort is for.

post-19290-0-59302100-1399899067_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Is it the White Rose? There used to be a section that ran up from a wall, it was before you dropped down to piggery in the loop on the way out. looks like a very young John Lampkin sat on the rock in the left hand picture.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Another of the 'lost' negatives, where did Barry Robinson take this photograph of the Honda rider, who is he and when?

Happily our pile of 'lost' negatives is fast decreasing - 'cos Barry Robinson, Jack Knoops and I (with the invaluable help of fellow members. have now managed to catalogue over 22,000 images - more than half the archive.

In any event, enjoy - that's what all the effort is for.

post-19290-0-74920600-1402034068_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Post 17 is Rob Shepherd 1980 Red Rose Trial, note the Prestige Finance bib he is wearing number 57, just checked program, sections at Back Cowm Quarry.

Post 21 is definitely Hattori, I think 1980 Dave Rowland.

Post 22 is Rob Shepherd 1980 Dave Rowland, rider number 29 in background is Paul Leech,rider number 39 is my mate Scott Rowland.