Cheetah Trials.

laird387

Crumpsbrook.... Still there, but out of bounds these days, as with so many other old Greensmith and Vic Brittain groups.

Wonder if they attempted the undercut step back in '68... I'd love a time machine to go back and watch those two nationals throughout the late 60s and 70s, see how they compared to how they were when I first rode them in late 70s.

• 4 weeks later...

..Yes, I saw the Cheetah for sale in the auto jumble..but just too late to put a bid in. It went for 1700 pounds the seller told me. A fair price considering, I thought. Brian Dale was also at the show displaying his immaculate disc-braked model. The disc is mechanical and looks a robust bit of casting.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Sorry - but this is another negative that has 'lost' the identity so, from memory, it was an 'Old Codgers' or 'Three Musketeers' trial, probably around 1996-7.

Does anybody recognise the rider of the Cheetah?

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-76783100-1395247399_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387

Hi,

Now here is a tasty image for the purists, the Cheetah story in ORR mentioned that a BSA power unit had been tried - but no photographs seen - well, here in my pile of 'Lost' negatives I've found an example.

Enjoy - and remember where you saw it first............

post-19290-0-56301300-1395247840_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387

Hi,

Sorry - but this is another negative that has 'lost' the identity so, from memory, it was an 'Old Codgers' or 'Three Musketeers' trial, probably around 1996-7.

Does anybody recognise the rider of the Cheetah?

Enjoy.

Looks to me like the same bike as in the post above it (#5) Deryk.

Nice pic of the BSA Cheetah too

Edited by jc2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Derek,

Your last pic is of Graham "Sid" Sanderson, secretary of Darlington & DMC, riding his well fettled Cotton 37A. I bought a similar bike & Sid helped me sort it. A grand chap.

Keep posting Derek. The guessing game adds an interesting dimension.