Mokwepa -My First Victory

mokwepa

Hi guys

I finally did it................I got a 1st place in a Regional clubmans event, WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO :). To say im over the moon is a understatement. Ive already patted myself on the back, kissed my bike and if i was able to, i would kiss myself :D. YES, Im super happy.

Most of you have read a bit on my "My progress" thread and have seen that i have worked quite hard for my first win and it finally paid off yesterday. It might have just been a touch of luck but for any newbies to trials, stick at it, keep it fun and you WILL be rewarded for your efforts. Im so fired up now, all i want to do is ride.

Now a bit about the trial:

It was a close one: half way through my second lap i met up with my competition (Riaan) and we exchanged points. I was on 4 and he was on 10. I now realised that im in the game and put my head down and immediately rode over a flag and got a 5 (thats how i roll :)) bringing me to 9 points. Me and Riaan met up again at the end of the 3rd lap and exchanged points again. I had picked up another dab and so had he, leaving me in the lead by 1 point, with a lap to go. The preasure was now on, especially knowing that i still had section 1 to do that claimed a dab on each lap and i knew that Riaan had cleaned it each time. Anyway, long story short, I rode well and rewalked all the sections again and i held him off, barely. I finished with 10 points and Riaan and Dave (twinshocker veteran) got 12 points with Riaan taking 2nd due to cleans.

Just want to say a quick thanks to Sean, our chairman, it was a great event and you have had some great ideas ie: 2x floating paramedics on bikes, the trophies (cause i got one :)), raffle prizes to encourage the guys to stay for prize giving and a cold one, trying to get the twin shockers and us modern pogo enthusiasts together. Its looking good, I know a bunch of others are also responsible and i thank them too.

Cheers guys

Chat soon

Dylan

post-18493-0-83410300-1392047763_thumb.jpg

post-18493-0-63255000-1392047800_thumb.jpg

post-18493-0-98813300-1392047830_thumb.jpg

post-18493-0-76900800-1392047848_thumb.jpg

post-18493-0-23780100-1392047867_thumb.jpg

post-18493-0-54849800-1392047874_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...