Ty175 Saved From The Grave

adamspad5

Today I purchased an old and unloved TY175 from a friend. He's had the bike about 18 years and back when we were young and stupid we used to ride it around his field, and occasionally on the back roads near his home. It was taken apart about 12 years ago by him and was left in the same spot until now. Its going to take me lot of time, and money but I'm hoping to get this bike looking great again and hopefully do a couple of trials on it. I'm unsure on whether to restore, modify to majesty frame or make a modern twinshock with discs at the moment but its not something I'll be rushing into just yet.

photo-2.jpg

• Like 2

It's not unusual to need a few basket cases to make one complete bike. I have a TY250B that is made up from three bikes that were all worse than what you have there in their own way. You can always sell off the excess bits when you have a complete bike, to recover some costs

I like that saying Guy

Thanks for the comments guys, I do have another bike so I won't be rushed into building this. It does have a box of bits although I'm still missing, rear gaurd, seat, air box and carb. I'm probably looking to go down the majesty route, it's not the cheapest option but the bike practically stands me at nothing, and I'll get just as much enjoyment out of building it as I will riding, although I won't be making it do the same kinda stuff as my Scorpa does.