Beta Rev3 Kickstand Help

dirtsquirrel

Ok, I know we've been over this before, but I really need some help. I have (supposedly) a rev3 kickstand that I can't find an attachment point for on my beta. I know there is supposed to be a couple of holes under the swing arm to attach it to but I don't seem to have them. The attachment plate just doesn't seem to make any sense at all. Can anyone post a photo of where it is actually mounted? I had a welder friend of mine come look to see if it could be re-fabricated. He said a lot of welding work went into the bracket attachment piece but he couldn't figure it out either. It's got to be the wrong part…. Anyone?

Being the 2000. You might not have any. Just thinking out loud. The first batch was a right hand mount and later on back to left. Many swingarms were replaced under warranty so maybe no holes at all. Look at another rev 3. At least you have a working bike!

Google 2000 Beta Rev3 for images of the bike with a kick stand. I seem to remember the bolts being on the inside or underside of the swing arm. I probably still have the one from my bike floating around as that's usually the first thing I take off. Then again for all I know you could have my old bike since you're in New England.

Thanks for the quick responses! I suspect that mine may have the "hole-less" swing arm that Lineaway is speaking of. It's snowing a blizzard here right now (after 50 degrees and sunny yesterday) so will have to have a go at it later on but have previously looked all over the underside of the swing arm and couldn't find any mounting holes. Maybe it's just best to leave it off anyway...

And Dan, I don't know if this is your old bike or not, but you sure helped me out with some carburetor issues it had a year or two ago! Thanks again!