Pimping Your Plastics, Diy Style.

mokwepa

Hi guys

I decided to add a bit more white to my 13 EVo. Found a cool plastic spray by rustoleum. Available in a bunch of colours.

Peeled stickers off. Wiped plastics with thinners and sprayed. Used a STRONG double sided tape to reapply the stickers.

Seems pretty durable. Chuffed so far.

post-18493-0-09104700-1398962234_thumb.jpg

post-18493-0-49828400-1398962307_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

No. If you rub it down, it leaves a rubbish texture. I just cleaned with thinners. I gave two very lite coats and then a good solid covering coat, almost to "runs" point. All three coats within 1 hour of starting. Gave it a full 24 hours to dry.

This particular spray doesnt require a primer either. I only did the tank guard and front mud guard. Both are/were black plastic.

• Like 1

Thanks Wobblenorbed.

My theory is white looks lite and super clean if its kept clean.....as I do.....im a bit anal with bike prep. If it looks liter, I think its liter and so on.

Notice how most of the recent factory betas are lite in colour.....think they have the same theory, or me as them. Anyway....I like it!

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 months later...

Looks good, hopefully it lasts better than mine. I sanded off the slick plastic outer coat and did my front fender with the same stuff and it looked great....until a stick got between the front tire and fender, flexing the plastic. The paint shattered and started flaking off. I am going to try it again using the plastic primer first.

Mike

Good job! Some of the motard guys here use Plastidip to spray stuff, flat black seems the colour of road warriors. I use another "W" word for them.

Thought you were missing in action! Being chased by the female lions!??? (fatalFelineWink)

Mags