Boyesens

dannyb

Boyensen Carbon Reeds (in fact are not produced by Boyensen) vs stock (Beta 270 rev3) = the same. I bought it thinking i could obtain a power band more like the 280 gasgas. They advertise it that it will make a big difference, the power snappier, yeah it's the same Beta fart.

I can shed a bit of light - Our AU importer recommended Power Reeds to me with local 'research' suggesting the Dual Stage provide more power and shaper response across the throttle range with the Carbon reeds having more effect at the top end.

I needed to drop down on the main jet(120 down to 118 and air screw in from where I had it by between a quarter and a half turn. Needle standard in the mid position.

Definitely sharper off the bottom. Mid-range clean and sharp and power delivery very smooth through the first 3/4 of throttle movement.

IMHO they are heaps better than the standard. Hope helps a bit.

Paul Mac

I agree with paulmac as regards the dual stage. Put dual stage in 2009 Beta Evo 125 and 2012 Evo 200. Adjusted jets and needle etc and agree with paulmac's assessment. Very worthwhile outcome for those bikes.

OK this is just wrong. The shape of the reed cage has some effect on the higher range but at high revs the reeds are stuck full open so it doesn't matter what they are made of. The advantage of carbon reeds and the smaller reeds of a dual stage is they are lighter in weight so they will open and close faster which retains more fuel/air charge at low RPM. I can pull a gear higher in most situations with the VForce carbons then I can with the stock Beta fiberglass reeds. Yes I know Beta paints them black but under a microscope they are clearly fiberglass.

With Trials parts not being that freely available in South Africa I ordered a set of both Dual stage and Carbon Reeds from the States for my sons 2012 Evo 250. While the dual stage are better than the stock reeds the difference in performance did not warrant the price of replacing the stock reeds.In my opinion the carbon reeds represent the biggest power increase for the smallest outlay of money and give a far more aggressive power delivery from the bottom through to the top.After the initial testing we actually left the dual stage reeds in the bike for about 2months until the riders ability improved and then switched over to the carbon reeds which with the more aggressive power delivery obviously generates more wheel spin.The 250 has now been replaced with a 300 and the first change made to the bike was the fitting of the carbon reeds.

That's funny because I've started ordering parts from Europe since there are things I can't get here in the states. Exception being the VForce reeds which are made about 25 miles north of here. They are the first thing I do to any new bike. The clutch fix being second.

Hey Mokwepa, I was going to do your paint the tank guard white thing but I see you either have to cut the tank guard or take the clutch master hose off to free the beastie. What did you do?

Morning Dan.

I cut a small slot in the tank guard (closest to the stancheons).

My dad was going to order a white tank guard and told me that replacement ones come with a slot (I didnt check on this, I just cut mine.)

How do the V force reeds compare to others? Are they the business? I have them fitted but haven't been able to ride a std evo to see what the difference is (also dont think im good enough to tell though).