Evo Fuel

gassaman

As a rule Iv always used V Power in my 2 stokes, currently Im running a evo 250 and Shell garages seem to be getting scarce in my local area, any tips on alternative juice, it looks like standard unleaded for my next trip out. All views welcome ;)

Dan - UK bud..... I guess this a subject that has been banded around for eternity.. High octane vs normal pump juice... I suppose we all want the best juice in our tanks but I wonder if there is really an argument as too which is best, I understand the reasons why we all like the higher oct juice but if you're stuck do we stick normal in or not stay at home lol :hyper: I had a 2004 / 5 gassa txt pro a couple of yrs back and that ran equally as well on either, absolutely no difference but saying that I think the motor in them was bombproof !

I suppose there's one way to avoid this dilema... go 4T :icon_salut:

My main reason for race gas is consistancy. I used to use Sunoco 93+ pump gas but it was variable. One batch would run flawless the next horrible. I know it wasn't Sunoco but the local stations cutting the gas with who knows what. After a particularly bad batch caused me to peel off a rock when the bike stalled planting some rather delicate bits on a tree stump I swore off pump gas forever. I don't burn enough gas in a season to save enough money to make it worth that again. So I pay the $15/gal and have a bike that runs the same day after day. No drama, no surprises and no bruised....

You're right though once the octane rating has been satisfied for a particular engine extra octane is just that. Extra.

Edited by dan williams

In the UK 3 or 4 of the major forecourts / supermarkets sell their on brand of high octane named differnetly of course, surely high oct is high oct at whatever forecourt you get it, and of course its more expensive than normal unleaded, not so very long ago all 2Ts ran on the same mix as an lawnmower and they went all day with no problems or dramas l :hyper: Recently Iv been using a Shell garage about 7 miles from where I live as it was the nearest and only one for V Power, Iv had 2 / 3 x 5 ltrs over the past two weeks and the bike has ran like crap !! Im sure that garage doesn't clean its tanks out often enough ( possible water and dirt in them ) and at £7 for 5 litres I aint going back as its cost me hrs of bike time which isn't good :wall:

All in all though I guess its all trial ( pardon the pun lol ) and error and if it works ... use it :icon_salut: