2012 Raga Idle

stonezone

I can't seem to get my raga to idle well. I've had the bike for 2 years. adjusted the screw a million ways, changed the pilot jet and even maxed out the adjustment on the throttle cable but it still wont idle. I dont have a problem keeping it runnign but i'm selling it soon to get a new one (YES!!!) and I'd like to have it running perfect for my buddy that's getting it. Any thoughts or something i've missed? I know sherco's have 2 scres on the carbs but ther's only one on the raga and it seems to raise the idle when backed out as opposed to what i'm used to where screwign it in increases the idle.

thanks!

SZ

There are two screws on your bike. One sets the height of the slide at idle and the other adjusts the air to fuel mix of the pilot/progression circuit.

Theres lots of threads on how to set this correctly and will make a big difference to any bikes idle and off idle to 1/8 throttle performance and especially the quick WOT from idle response.

A rough starting point is to set the large middle knob/screw (sets the slide height so the bikes idles "just" fast enough to run w/o stalling when in gear. (engine hot) and set the air screw to 1 and 1/4 turns out from all the way in (be easy - you dont want to mash it into the stop) . If you have the right pilot jet, and float height and the carb is not screwed up with dirt ect, you should be no more than 1/2 turn away from optimal on the air screw.(the small flat head screw on the air box side of the bike) With alittle trial and error, you should be OK. 1/4 turn change on the air screw should be noticeable.

I really appreciate the replies. Does anyone have a photo of the carb they could post so i can compare? Here's a photo of where as deceived it's missing from (It was never there from day1 I'm almost 100% positive)

is this where the idle screw is supposed to be