2009 280 Econ Gas Gas Tires Tube Or Tubeless

dandabs

Hey guys I'm not starting another debate about which is better (cos I wouldn't know), I'm actually trying to figure out which tires I have- Tubeless or Tube? Yes I could take everything off and see but was hoping I could know without wrenching. Reads Michelin Competition on the sidewall. Any help appreciated. As always you guys have been great in helping me out. Thank you.

The tire upon closer inspection reads "Tube Type" so I guess the previous owner threw a tube in there even though I was told by GG it's a tubeless rear rim. I just bought a new tubeless X-11 so I hope it works.

Hey line yes it has a rim lock. I've been told by some to wrap the rim with duck tape (I've also heard this is a terrible idea) and then poke a hole for the valve and rim lock to fit through. Then mount the tubeless and it should hold. Not sure what to do.

I quess a tire chord must fit in a tube type. but I am not sure. Its basicly a chord made of some rubber, with and valve in it.

Maybe the rim is different, because of course the sides must not leak air aswell.

I think what you are describing is called a rim strip. New ones do have the valve stem molded in. These are used in rims designed for tubeless tires. These rims are designed with a special "groove" that the rim strip must be properly fit to.

I think what you are describing is called a rim strip. New ones do have the valve stem molded in. These are used in rims designed for tubeless tires. These rims are designed with a special "groove" that the rim strip must be properly fit to.

I quess thats the right word yeah!