4rt Restrictors

big dave

can any one tell me the pros and cons of removing/ leaving in the exhaust restrictors on the 4rt. i have read somewhere that when riding standard bikes the team riders remove the one out of the front of the middle box. i had a look at mine, thought i would try it for a ride, and couldnt get it out. how do you get it out without damaging anything. is it worth it.

tried all variations , nothing to damage unless you mean the sealing ring?

prefer mine with middle and end in . depends what you want ? with just front out,its a little softer off the bottom .

With the front one out, it may be a little softer on the bottom, but, with any of them out the bike is louder. Being a street rider and hating all the noise those damn harleys and harley wannabes make, I am against making anything louder.

What really p---es me off is the fact that every law enforcement agency in the country has elected to ignore the fact that there are ordinances and laws against loud pipes.

Ah, got that off my chest and I now feel better.

Same here, I took the front out of mine to see if it did soften it a little. Couldn't actually tell any difference in performance but it was certainly no louder.

I think it is the middle one that causes noise problems as I lost the rear restrictor in the SSDT and didn't notice it being any louder.

The bikes at Hawkstone were quite loud, I was walking back to the car park and I could hear Dougs bike when he was on his last lap (there was always a cheer after a big handfull :o )

Couldn't hear any other bike apart from the Mont :wall:

Edited by Marky G