Godden Majesty 175

scorpa250

post-4979-0-82284900-1403966076_thumb.pngpost-4979-0-15970700-1403965485_thumb.jpg

Hi All, Nearly finished my Majesty and I am in two minds what exhaust to use

Option 1 WES center box with no rear silencer

Option 2 two part WES system but by the looks of it it will need cutting and welding on therear silencer.

Option 3 refub the original system

I will ride the bike when done so performance is a factor.

your opinions welcome

Regards Scorpa250

• Like 2

Mate of mine just sold his Godden and he had a Wes without the tail pipe.. Don't know if it was altered as it was on there when he got it.

Andy, Can you ask your mate if the bike performed ok with the single box fitted, Some people say it restrict's it a little

Cheers

Edited by scorpa250

i had a wes just center box and it is designed to be used with out rear silencer. It was quite and ran better than stock exhaust. I used the orginal exhaust heat shield and drilled the wes and use tapping screws to fit the heat shield and it look neat n sounded great.

Yes the motor has been matched ported and the combustion chamber in the head has been reshaped to bring the compression ratio up a bit.. I running a 24mm Mikuni flat slide carb and running V-Force 4 carbon fiber reeds and reed block from a Yamaha Blaster 4 wheeler. The motor is only bored to 66.5 mm. My flywheel is still stock but I slotted this stater plate so I can change the timing from the stock settings to .110" before tdc. The bike now revs like a modern 125 but still pulls good down low without stalling

Thanks for all your reply's I think I will go with a single WES pipe, I have matched the ports fibre reeds

straight inlet rubber and a modified airbox The bore is still on standard I may look for another barrel and

bore out 2mm oversize. I also run a whitehawk 200 which I have had a oko on but the standard carb does perform well and retain the bottom end . I run electronic ignition on the 200 , Has anybody got the points system

working well 0n a 175 ??

Yes the motor has been matched ported and the combustion chamber in the head has been reshaped to bring the compression ratio up a bit.. I running a 24mm Mikuni flat slide carb and running V-Force 4 carbon fiber reeds and reed block from a Yamaha Blaster 4 wheeler. The motor is only bored to 66.5 mm. My flywheel is still stock but I slotted this stater plate so I can change the timing from the stock settings to .110" before tdc. The bike now revs like a modern 125 but still pulls good down low without stalling

Are you using points Bestrcpilot ??

Yes I'm running the points in my bike. That why I slotted the stater plate so I could find the sweet spot as far as the amount of timing advance the engine likes. I found that a well setup points system works great. Just check the cam on the flywheel is in good shape no rust and nice and smooth.

Yes I'm running the points in my bike. That why I slotted the stater plate so I could find the sweet spot as far as the amount of timing advance the engine likes. I found that a well setup points system works great. Just check the cam on the flywheel is in good shape no rust and nice and smooth.

Thanks for the info Bestrcpilot will try this mod and see how it goes