New Rider - Help Me Learn About My Bike

dieseltwitch

Hi every one. I've been riding off road most my life. But have been living in bliss about my riding. I want to learn trials to help my single track riding and also learn a new sport

I just picked up my first trials bike in a trade. I know little to nothing about it. Help me learn!

I know it's a 2t and a gasgas... Past that... Help!

e6e8627c2b74cec175e4ea4d5c11f69d_zps964c

00d611ffff3478bc4fe56d9de19657bc_zps0d63

73d3210ac3de7b818ca793ef5612712e_zps184a

Edited by dieseltwitch
  • Like 1

Another odd question, How many CC's? The original guy is sending me paper work.

The CC's will be on the engine barrel

As for your brake and clutch levers having no ball ends, over here it's a requirement to have them ball ended, they help prevent the levers from piercing skin and muscle tissue.

Also the funnel piece on the end of your exhaust looks like it might be a spark arrestor.

As for learning to ride trials, you'll find it a bit more technical than other off road bikes, learning to fall off is number one priority.

Good luck

The CC's will be on the engine barrel

As for your brake and clutch levers having no ball ends, over here it's a requirement to have them ball ended, they help prevent the levers from piercing skin and muscle tissue.

Also the funnel piece on the end of your exhaust looks like it might be a spark arrestor.

As for learning to ride trials, you'll find it a bit more technical than other off road bikes, learning to fall off is number one priority.

Good luck

I did not know that about the levers. I normally just run bark busters on my big bikes and having the shorter levers makes it easy to grab with just one finger.

Im not looking to compete just ride

To ride here in Colorado in the Mountains you have to have a sparkie!

I think the techincal riding will really help. I enjoy the really hard and rockey trails now and I a on 500XC-W and I think learning to ride with the trials mind will help me to ride smother in the more techincal sections. I've never raced MX so Im not the jump high ride on a track type. One problem I've always had is using different parts of the bike to ride more efficently. Sadly most of my learning is going to come from youtube. but I think with a little time and practice i can figure out some of the basics then meet up with other trials riders to help with the more techincal stuff.

On a trials bike you will fall more. Its just he nature of the sport. I would get levers with ball ends because you will fall on them and stay away from bark busters. Falling includes going over the bars and bark busters will help your hands stay as your body wants to leave. The end result is broken wrists.

Most ragas were 300CC back then reading the seat that may be an 06 but could be an 07. Looks very clean and does not look like its encountered many rocks judging from the pictures. Judging from the tire wear and the amount of chain tension available at the rear axle looks like you will be good to go for a couple of years of training. You can learn a lot from the websites Guys gave you and by searching the gasgas specific section as well. Welcome to the sport!

--Biff

• Like 1

Others have given you good info already. The Raga edition of those bike also had some special parts: magnesium swingarm, footpegs, and engine cases I believe. Beautiful bikes.

The balls on the lever ends are safety items, by law. Without then, the lever essentially becomes a spear that can do much more damage to body parts than the round ball.

It looks like the previous owner has added a trail tech computer above the headlight.