Who, Where And When Is This?

laird387

Hi,

Another image separated from its identity details - so over to you, armchair sleuths, can you identify this Barry Robinson photograph, please, who is it and approx. when?

(Bisby says: John Reynolds in the Allan Jefferies)

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-82918600-1407414294_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387
  • Like 1

Hi,

Another image separated from its identity details - so over to you, armchair sleuths, can you identify this Barry Robinson photograph, please, who is it and approx. when?

(Bisby says: Roy Parmer in the Allan Jefferies)

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-56629000-1407414539_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387
  • Like 2

Hi,

(Bisby says: Chris Sutton)

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-43301100-1407414790_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387

Number 11 is John Lampkin, there is another photo of him a bit later in the same section on page 3 in the Fantics section riding with the same number 56.

Number 14 the rider crossing the river a wild guess John Shirt senior????

Number 16 photo is John Renyolds, i think it is the Allan Jefferies trial i rode very near him that year and the silencer broke off his Bultaco and i think he put it in someones garden to retreve later- his bike sounded fab later in the event up a long hill climb!!

Number 17 photo is Roy Parmer, same trial.

Number 18 is Chris Sutton. differant trial to the others above.

Stephen.

Edited by bisby

Number 11 is John Lampkin, there is another photo of him a bit later in the same section on page 3 in the Fantics section riding with the same number 56.

Number 14 the rider crossing the river a wild guess John Shirt senior????

Number 16 photo is John Renyolds, i think it is the Allan Jefferies trial i rode very near him that year and the silencer broke off his Bultaco and i think he put it in someones garden to retreve later- his bike sounded fab later in the event up a long hill climb!!

Number 17 photo is Roy Parmer, same trial.

Number 18 is Chris Sutton. differant trial to the others above.

Stephen.

Thanks for that Stephen - postings corrected)

Hi,

We know where and when, 'cos Jack Knoops photographed this rider in the 2006 Pre-65 Scottish - but can anyone tell us who? The Entry List says Jordi Molins from Spain - but riding a 250 Greeves - which this obviously is not, but is it Jordi, but on an early 198cc Montesa?

Whatever, enjoy.

post-19290-0-35388400-1407428211_thumb.jpg

Hi,

We know exactly where and when this photograph was taken by Barry Robinson in the 1989 Scott trial - but we can't read his number.........

Does anyone recognise the rider - or does he remain in the unknown warrior category!

We now have, thanks to selfless generosity from our supporters, a complete set of Scott results from way back - so the mammoth task of rescanning hundreds of negatives from over forty years back and cataloguing them can start in earnest. What is more important is that they will all be available for the complete story of the Scott trial that is being serialised in the new electronic magazine, 'ORRe', available exclusively from this website.

I know that there has never been such a complete history previously published - and certainly never before will such a plethora of historic images have been seen.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-08628500-1407825355_thumb.jpg

#25 I think is Phil Alderson

Hi Perce,

Trying to read the number at this awkward angle says it could be Alan Mills...........

The riding number looks like 77 to me. I also think that it's the last section of the Trial at Clapgate.

Edited by perce