Montesa Cota 247

quo 1

I think it was 200cc of 10 - 30 engine oil for the clutch ( daft as it sounds ) and 300cc of 80 weight gearbox oil in the gearbox as I remember.

I'll confirm tomorrow if you like ??

That is what i used my self, drained off 450cc of clutch oil :rolleyes: and replaced it with 200cc of castrol racing 10w-30 then drained of 300cc of something and replaced it with halfords sae 80-90 gearbox oil.

No wonder the clutch was stiff, i though because the bike has not seen any use for a while that it would maybe get better when warmed up and in use.

Any way a quick run up the street proved the clutch was far better with the correct volume of oil in it. :)

Cheers

John.

I've taken the other rebuild to my sponsor/mechanic and he's getting in the case.

John - have you decided on a maiden outing yet ??

What sprockets are you going to run on ??

And cheers for all of the help & input guys !!

As always

The Wobbler

I've taken the other rebuild to my sponsor/mechanic and he's getting in the case.

John - have you decided on a maiden outing yet ??

What sprockets are you going to run on ??

And cheers for all of the help & input guys !!

As always

The Wobbler

Not had a look to see what twinshock comps are on yet, will have to get a bit of practice in at the two local clubs to me.

I need to see what the bike is capable of and more to the point what I am capable off! :D

I have a 54-10 sprocket set up just now, again i will have to see what this is like.

What sprocket set up are you running wobbler?

Cheers

John.

Edited by johnmartin247

I'll check in the morning- I know the original was too high in sections !!!

Give me a shout I might make a trip up into Scotland - as I don't need a passport !!!

I'm trying to find a plastic ty mono tank to put on as my alloy tank us leaking and the caps are a nightmare - the rubber seals react with modern petrol !!!!!!

Cheers

The Wobbler

Give me a shout I might make a trip up into Scotland - as I don't need a passport !!!

I'm trying to find a plastic ty mono tank to put on as my alloy tank us leaking and the caps are a nightmare - the rubber seals react with modern petrol !!!!!!

Cheers

The Wobbler

Cheers

The Wobbler

No passport needed for now :D

I fancy the look of the Scottish twinshock trial at the Alvie estate in Aviemore but would be interested in covering some twinshock rounds down south( got me passport) ;) I am sure we can sort some thing out.

On the tank front, I spoke to the guy that sells the TLR tank/seat units on the twinshock shop site after reading that some on had fitted the TLR unit to a montesa 247.

Unfortunately the artical was not available when i looked for it but the chap said that they could fit the fuel tap on the right hand side to suit the 247.

Cost wise you are looking at about £260.

Cheers

John.

John,

I've just checked my sprockets and I've got a 10 Front (On this engine) and a 42 Rear....

I think I might have a 9 front on my other engine to gear it down as it was too quick ....

54 Sounds like a big rear sprocket !!

Just nipped the back spokes up - going to take it for a play through the week and make sure the engine is OK.

Cheers

The Wobbler

Cheers
The Wobbler

Have a look on ebay, there are three ty tanks for sale just now.

Cheers

John.

Edited by johnmartin247