Show Us Your Ty

power175

For you TY80 fans. A TY80 with an adult rider (over 200 lbs) finished both days of the Texas National riding the vintage class. Eight mile loop of very steep terrain. Sunday he cleaned my section that I was scoring twice!

Forgot to mention, his minder was also on a TY80!!!

lance_zpsjnmemk9s.jpg

Do you have to do any modifications to the bike for the heavier riders?

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good Dave, I did bring my camera to the Eurocup last Sunday,but the rain would have spoilt the pics. I really like the way its of its age - not blinged up.

shame about the dodgy welding on the frame !

Just ordered the bits to put my rat ty250 back together,hopefully have a 5 speed box when its finished...

Cheers John welding held up ok good bloke who did that! Thinking of welding rear suspension solid after your performance in the Eurocup may loose less marks ,rigid seems the way to go.

No, don't do that Dave, I've got enough competition already - it was only my age that saved the day ! Looking forward to getting the rat bike going again, be nice to experience rear suspension again...

post-3125-0-53302600-1437249440_thumb.jpgMy rat TY250 is now back in action after a £70 rebuild, with a combination of the best bits I could find in all the boxes around the workshop.It now has a working 5 speed gearbox and a slightly less rattly motor. Just need to sort out the dribbling fuel tap.

• Like 2

attachicon.gifIMAG1014.jpgMy rat TY250 is now back in action after a £70 rebuild, with a combination of the best bits I could find in all the boxes around the workshop.It now has a working 5 speed gearbox and a slightly less rattly motor. Just need to sort out the dribbling fuel tap.

Glad to see your 250 is up & running John , brill when you look though the spares boxes

& create a running bike !

Wouldn't call it a rat bike though just a good honest usable TY.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Here's my recently completed  '74 TY250. I took it down to the bare frame and sandblasted everything and finished it with automotive acrylic enamels. All the aluminum bits have been stripped and clear coated so they look similar to new and I replaced a bunch of parts like you usually have to on an old bike, so it should be reliable. It was a fun project.

Now on to the restoration of my '74 and '75 TY175's!

post-20760-0-42670700-1442364973_thumb.jpg

• Like 6