Fuel Leaking Out Of Float Bowl Overflow!

marky g

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The kickstart is 10 quid, and it comes free with a knackered Mikuni carb!

(only kidding Marky)

Thanks for your excellent pics ..please let us know how it performs afterwards..I'd like to try it myself, and might well do that, just that I think I'm not steady enough with the drill...we'll see,,or maybe I'll still splash out on the Dellorto?? :blink:

Lovely - Now how much do you want for that TY80 kickstart I can see lying there?  :wall:

Good eye there BS ! it's for my lads TY80 that I've still to finish off building up for him.

Go for it Stu, you have only got to drill the little brass ball that blocks the hole and do that small drilling at the end of the shaft.

All it's doing is extending the height of which the fuel starts to overflow...it's the same mod that BVM etc will charge you

:blink: Hey Lads - The old Outlaw has been doing this mod for his customers for quite a few years now FREE !!

I got all the info from John Lampkin so maybe check with him - the later model bikes come with the new spot to drill already casted but not drilled -(Strange)

However this does make it a bit easier to drill in the correct place

Hey Lads - The old Outlaw has been doing this mod for his customers for quite a few years now FREE !!

I got all the info from John Lampkin so maybe check with him - the later model bikes come with the new spot to drill already casted but not drilled -(Strange)

This corresponds with what I found on my '04 carb. The part about drilling through the brass ball is not necessary. You can tell if you have the new type because the spot is obvious.

Hey Lads - The old Outlaw has been doing this mod for his customers for quite a few years now FREE !!

This corresponds with what I found on my '04 carb. The part about drilling through the brass ball is not necessary. You can tell if you have the new type because the spot is obvious.

Most strange indeed, like they know there is a problem but do a half hearted job to try and fix it :blink:

I would have thought that Lampkin would have pushed the factory to sort it out in the early days...never mind in 2005 !