Scott News?

dmc2028372

I asked at finish but was told times were being kept secret until announced at this evenings do.

John Sunter was a bit quicker than Dabill and Brown who were in tern quite a bit quicker than Dougie at Rotten wood, which is only about 10 easy minutes from finish. I did not take accurate note of J Richardson but he was in the ball park as they say.

Sunt looked very tired.

I suspect Dabill could be overall winner, quick and very good on Obs where I saw him, but I would not rule Dougie out as he may have been even better on Obs.

I think Emma Bristow will top ladies as she was quick and generally good on obs but she went a right purler in rotten wood when she clipped a tree branch as did several riders.

Was it Jonny Walker who boiled his bike in rotten wood, then had to wait a while to let it cool and then I think someone filled it with lemonade?

Anyone know who the spectator was who overdid the wheelie and somersaulted his bike up the hill on the road out of bypass?

There are two other contestants for the funniest sight of the day prize, the elderly gent in the blue fiesta who tried to go against the one way system and then rammed his front spoiler into the ditch, and the Beta rider in "shorts" who came home on only 1/2 a bike (airbox, rear mudguard, silencer etc all missing)

There are two other contestants for the funniest sight of the day prize, the elderly gent in the blue fiesta who tried to go against the one way system and then rammed his front spoiler into the ditch

I'm pretty sure that elderly gentleman is part of the organisers so should know better. I said to him as I passed him at a dead crawl that he had no chance, but he just told me to get a move on! Quite how I was supposed to do that with 50 or so vehicles in front of me, I'm not sure.

Richardson was first back followed by Jon Sunter then dibs who mentioned something about having to open gates? Dougie arrived a fair bit later with a steaming bike looking not happy, as for the stupidity of some folk one bloke thought it was quite acceptable to try nudging my 6 year old out of the way with his front wheel of his rather large BMW type bike at surrender if it'd of been me that was with him and not the mrs said bloke would've been picking himself and bike up from the ditch at side of road impatient prick!

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure that elderly gentleman is part of the organisers so should know better. I said to him as I passed him at a dead crawl that he had no chance, but he just told me to get a move on! Quite how I was supposed to do that with 50 or so vehicles in front of me, I'm not sure.

Old men in boy racer cars will never learn :0)

I'm not owning up to knowing anything but I was in the Time Control vehicle & I do know the times, I've been involved most years since RMC took over the Scott & I've never know 3 riders be so close on time.

PS No idea who has won!

• Like 1