My Scorpa Fleet Expands

wobbly scorpa

dunno why , but I must be a sucker for the French and their friendliness ......

I now have a scorpa 125 , a 175 .. and have just bought a sy 250 t 2006 model 4 stroke .. ( was never any good at maths .... can't work out ratios's)

I am trying to source some plastics for it ... based on the fact that I am crap rider and I can only throw muself under the bike so many times before i break a rear gaurd ...

Don't need one yet .... just a matter of time ..

thanks ... have been in contact with Paul at hell team ... fantastic service , he is currently looking for one for me ...

but being a jap engine that bit will last forever , but the froggy plastics will be her downfall . and i intend to campaign Scorpa's because no one else likes them ( except for you lot) ....

• Like 1

I just bought a 125 4 stroke and need a rear mudguard. Apparently they are not available in white only in later grey, maybe the same applies to 250 parts ?? Looks like when they were taken over a few years ago some early parts were not re made ??

Still got an 07ish one which has no Shock.(Got one but it's borrowed which isn't ideal)

My dealer has asked the importer about one for a while but I haven't pushed it.

Mainly because I think it will cost about half what the bike is worth.

I did have it re built but it didn't last,I think they get a hard time running so close to the silencer.

Keep an eye on yours and if it needs work make sure they know there stuff.

Great fun to ride and that's the only major problem I've had.

PS the plastics don't fit even when new it's like they've been made for another bike.

took the 250 out for it's maiden run today .... bit more poke than the 125 !!!! .... but has a slight hessitation on initial throttle ... decided that the carby needed a good strip n clean down , as it appears this bike hasn't been used for a few years so fuel might be contaminated ....

well !!! ... rippin' the carby out is a bit of an ordeal ... gotta remove the whole back of the bike .... muffler n all (unless I am more stupid than I give myself credit for , and there is an easier way !!) ... carby looks nice n clean , but noticed there is a rubber tube that vents from one side of carby to the other , the apex of the hose is worn/burnt/cut through and not "sealed" from one side to the other .....I am assuming that this may be a pert of the problem ?? I want to get this right .... because I aint taking it apart again !!!!(that's why we buy scorpa's ....more riding less spannering)

.. carby looks nice n clean , but noticed there is a rubber tube that vents from one side of carby to the other , the apex of the hose is worn/burnt/cut through and not "sealed" from one side to the other .....I am assuming that this may be a pert of the problem ?? I want to get this right .... because I aint taking it apart again !!!!(that's why we buy scorpa's ....more riding less spannering)

Double check, but that's the overflow, make it a solid tube and you will have a whole new world of problems !

the carby is a dellorto , it has an ovalised slide , and a diphragm pump off to the side of the fuel pump ....

so the "overfow" hose outlets (one on each side of the slide ,near the top) .. are they meant to join each other , or just go straight out to overflow ? ... It seems strange that there is a hose connecting the two outlets , but there is an "outlet" at the low point (just above the exhaust pipe) .

Carby is in bits as i type and wobbling around in the ultrasonic cleaner .....

Before I re assemble has anyone got any suggestions as to jet sizes .. I think the previous owner has changed them , but he used the bike for trail riding , not trials .... I am wondering if he hasn't made the pilot jet too big , and it "floods" as the throttle comes on , as soon as the engine picks up a few revs it runs sweet as ...it's just " hessitating" as one first opens the throttle