Bottom Up Bleeding With Syringe Will Not Work, What Am I Doing Wrong

magicmat

For the life of me i cannot bottom up bleed using a syringe,

I have tried on the front caliper of the montesa 315 and the clutch slave but am having exactly the same problems on both

I shall talk about the slave, because with the front caliper i gave up and used the traditional method which worked.

So the Slave.

I have a 100mm large medical syring, some good fitting pipe and want to bleed my clutch.

The pressure i have to push on the syringe is too much, like the nipple is still closed, so i open the nipple some more and then the fluid just pours out of the threads of the bleed nipple, or the connection on the syringe due to the pressure.

I have tried removing the clutch master cylinder, to eliminate that and still the same problem !

I'd think the clutch line is blocked somehow, but i swear this is exactly the same problem as when i bled my mates front brake.

Nothing like a bike that wont do as its told to make you feel like an amateur :(

.... I think im going to blow some air down the clutch line, start examining each bit... ITs driving me mad

Well you are bleeding it backward to what manufacturers do so........the designer may think you are crazy

I know on my bike there is a small ball bearing under the bleeder. Pushing fluid in through the bleeder may seal the ball bearing to the hole

There are a lot of posts on this

Pull the caliper and press the piston in all the way, clamp it

First burp/bleed the master cylinder at the banjo bolt

Then keep on going down the line, sometimes holding the caliper above the master will keep air from trying to travel up the brake hose, so you can push the air UP

I use vacuum on the bleeder and it will suck the fluid through