Small Logs - I Think I Have Been Doing It All Wrong

for 1-2 ft logs, I think I have been doing it all wrong. And it has really come to light as I try to do double blip.

Basically I have been raising the from wheel with the intention to hit the top 1/4 of the log approaching the top of arc of travel of the front wheel lift.

Then a buddy pointed out to me to try to land the wheel to hit the top 1/4 of the log, but **on the way down** of the arc of travel of the front wheel.

As soon as I touch, another blip to raise the front again, to expose the back wheel and over I go.

Attached are a couple of pics.

What do you all think?

post-14078-0-79964700-1420695805_thumb.jpg

post-14078-0-79986400-1420695812_thumb.jpg

It`s all about timing. In the second example you are using the bike to get the rear suspension to work. You can do it the same with the first example, but the timing has to be more precise and you actually have to use your legs, or hit the log lower.

Edited by lineaway

You're hitting the log to high and you shouldn't make an arc. The intention is to compress both the rear and front suspension when you hit the log.

when the suspension begins to expand you give the second blip of throttle and act as if you try to jump on the top of the log, at the highest point retract your legs to help the bike come up and over.

There are lots of videos on youtube that explain this technique. Search for double blip technique for instance.

• Like 4