Quick Or Slow Action Throttle On A 200?

hrmad

standard is 11/42, I've got 11/44 on there. I'll live with it a bit and try slowing the bike down with the clutch if needed in sections. I can't blame the bike for poor technique ;)

10/40 is the same as 11/44, if you want to lower it more stick the standard 42 on the back. As Betabonkers said, 9 is too small for the front, bigger on the back is a better way to go.

...but you can pump it up again yes? That sounds like a leak in the system. I'd try a rebuild kit for the master cylinder first. On an older bike they're usually due for replacement. Before you do though make sure your bleeder valve is snugged properly as that can bleed pressure too.

Yes. Will do on the master cylinder front when I get paid, thanks

10/40 is the same as 11/44, if you want to lower it more stick the standard 42 on the back. As Betabonkers said, 9 is too small for the front, bigger on the back is a better way to go.

I went back to 10/44 today from 11/44, much better, I've fiddled with it enough. I'm not going to go to 9/52 as I was advised on the training day, too low for the 200 I reckon. I know some people say that 10/44 is too low, but I'm sure it will be fine for my beginner level. It also brings 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear into play. I'm happy with the gearing like this, and if I need more momentum I can always go up a gear this way. I spent 30 quid on the 44, I haven't got the change to spend on a 42.

Edited by hrmad
  • Like 1

Adjusted the lever where it presses into brake, if that makes sense. Worked fine today, though I didn't use it heavily on mud.

Quick action throttle is awesome, you can really rev the bike and fire it up hills and blast through mud. Really enjoying it, much nicer to ride in that way. Thanks again

• Like 1