Part Number Needed For Rtl

joelewis

It's not a breather pipe by the way, it's where the electrical wires come out of the cover from the stator. There isn't one, you've got to buy the whole stator assembly and that's not available. They all do it, I'm assuming it's because the rubber grommet goes hard over time. There are ones available from other bikes but they don't have the 90 degree bend. Google it and see what you can find. If you find anything, let us know please.

I had the same problem with my RTL, i sorted mine by taking the casing off, cleaning all the oil from around the grommet and then sealing it with silicone, i have rode 6 trials since with no sign of any oil leaking, just be sure you get all the oil off the case and grommet and you will be ok.

• Like 2

As JJ65 said that is a complete assembly with the coil. The part number is 31120-ND9-601. Unsurprisingly it is showing as unavailable from Dave Silver Spares or CMS in Holland. However, CMS show a price of 930 Euro!!

In the past I've disassembled the assembly so that I could replace the o-ring. On more recent RTLs I've pushed the rubber grommet out of the hole, given it a thorough clean with cleaning fluid and put engine gasket around both surfaces before pushing it back into place. You will need to make sure that any excess is removed on the inside of the casing so that you don't get any contamination on the pulse generator (flywheel) pickup.

Once it's sealed it seems to last for ages, then I do it again if it begins to weep oil.

• Like 1