Trials In China

toofasttim

R2's got some pics of a trial in Northern China, seems pretty hard. Be afraid. If the chinese take to trials they'll rule it. Imagine trials bikes coming out of China. Hopefully they'll be better than some of the rubbish they're putting out for the road.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have some VERY good riders already..there was a guy at that event that could not only pogo his trials bike, but also his road bike!!

BUT...and I hope this wont p*** off any CHinese readers...from my limited experience, it seems like there is still quite a way to go on the organisation/level etc of the events. At this one, yep the sections were great..great crowd etc, but my mates who rode it said they only "competed" for just over an hour each day...(it was a two day event)

they dont seem to like long sections/too many sections, or physically demanding events like the Scott or something...so stamina MAYBE is still not great??..(like me :D:blink: )

Anyway...thats just my twopenneth....unfortunately I couldnt attend that particular event that r2 has the pics of...but the BEST news is, that trials IS alive and well in CHINA...AND they have some amazing terrain for it..so yep..watch this space...AND it seems like the government are VERY keen to support it. They even put up prize money for the said event!!!

pretty good eh! :wall:

Edited by StuEssenhigh

As I posted before, I spoke to a person at a trade show who said they are working on a trials motorcycle in China.

The most popular trials bicycles in the world right now are KOXX and they are produced in China.

All it would take is someone with deep pockets to have the Scorpa 125 reproduced in China. I'm not saying it would come out with the best brakes and suspension or motor, but just make sure it would except all the after market parts.

I just think a entry level air cooled 4S could be easly made from the way the machines look already being imported from China!

Hi fellows, Michael here from ther HK Trials Club. Nice to see a disscusion going on the about Trials in China, after r2wtrilas kindly posted our story on it. :wall:

To the Chinsese its a prety new sport, MX has been going on for a while there now, they even have full time works riders, so we're hoping Trials can develope along the same line, our club here in HK is doing what we can to see this, with participating in events and helping with organisation.

The first ever competion in China took place back in 2001, which was at the same place as shown on r2wtrials site.......as you can see perfectly suited for us riders. There was a FIM & UAM supported event

last year which was held up near Tibet, some 3.5K meters in the sky, this was their first major international event.

They have the interest in the sport, but often politics does seem to play a big role in the events at the moment....though I guess thats China, like Stu mentioned they do need help in how to run it like a proper tria event.....but they are learning and the riders are coming along fast.

Will be great if they start making the bikes, did speak to a company before about it they were interested, if some are in fact going ahead thats great news,......their enduro bikes are pretty good now

and getting better all the time....so I'm sure they could come out with a good basic trials bike at this time....and sure to be inexpensive.

Will stop blabbing on....hope its of some interest.....Michael :blink:

Its great to see you posting on this MicT...

believe me ...MicT has a MUCH better idea on whats happening here, than I do, having ridden here for I think about 20 years plus?? :blink: ..(must be getting old Mic)

anyway..hope you didnt mind me sicking my nose in MicT...You didnt confirm about the prize money..but I think that was correct eh?...I think its great if the government are behind it that much!

As regards the bikes...Yep..I've heard that rumour as well r2...and I've also seen some very well known trials riding gear labelled as "made in China"

If people like it or not, its POSSIBLE that alot more companies..bikes/etc etc will move their production to China eventually.

worltrialchamp!!!!

Hopefully MicT will e-mail you with some more info for when you return to China...but if you trialled in Taiwan...you MUST know the guy that calls himself MotoGod!!!........he's the top guy in Taiwan so I'm told..and he frequently visits us here in HK, and I think he was at that last comp in China.

ANyway..if MicT doesnt get back to you..PM me, and I'll try to help a bit more.

It took me nearly 7 years to find the trials scene in HK, so I understand your frustration in CHINA....and I asked loads of people here, who SHOULD have been able to point me in the right direction, but I think alot of them just dont know what trials is .....STILL...DOH!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

Glad to see so much chatter in a positive way about China made trials bikes.

Can't beat'em, then join'em!

I'm not down on any of the fine made trials bikes of this day, but china made, low entry bikes could make a huge impact.

Anything it takes in the states to make this sport grow!

sam