Fatbars

bigfoot

Hi

I have been riding with fat bars for a few monts know, apparantly they are ment to stop your arms pimping up, havent noticed any difference really, but still they look vvvvvvvery trick, but becareful when falling off and strapping the bike down to transport you dont scratch the paint!

i,ve put some on my gasgas .i put them on because after 10/15 mins on my bike my hands/fingers had pins and needles.did my first trial at weekend and i didn,t notice any numbness.maybe time will tell but if they let me ride longer without any pain i'm happy with them. look pretty cool too :(

The standard fat bars that come on the gassers are very flat. I was concerned about tension in my neck / upper back ( I have a permanent neck problem) for SSDT week so I bought a set of Rental clamps (better quality than Hebo) & a pair of braced Renthals. I find I don't lean on the bars as much as they are just that little bit higher, I haven't gone back to the fat bars since. I didn't have too much trouble with my neck SSDT week with only mild pins & needles in my arms on some of the longer moor crossings. Having said that I had to pack up in our 3 Day as I was in agony at times, so whether the bars improve things who knows. Last time I saw his bike Physco had the same set up.

An alternative way to retain the bar level you are used to is make packs to fit under the clamps. The old type 5 bolt rear sprocket is useful for this as the hole centres are correct, you will need longer bolts to fit the clamps on with though.

Hi Bigfoot

Calum has put renthal fat bars on his bike. He also has the renthal bar clamps. He seems to like them :(. Heard that the Raga Bars are prone to snapping. Apparently the Raga clamps dont help the problem as they are narrower than the Renthal ones.

Sue

In way of an update the reason I need new bars is I hit a deer on a forest track nearly two weeks ago at around 40 mph. My collar bone is in 4 good sized bits with a bunch of smush surrounding them.

I'll be off the bike for at least two months :) . Even after two weeks the whole thing is still moving around a lot :( .

• 3 weeks later...
In way of an update the reason I need new bars is I hit a deer on a forest track nearly two weeks ago at around 40 mph.

John, I missed these posts and wasn't aware of your accident, but - for the record - I would like to say we did NOT have a joke/laugh/chortle about your predicament in the pub last night in any way whatsoever. This will be further ratified as soon as I get the bush photo of Ms Gleebitz! :P