Please Help The New Guy. If Nothing Else You Will Get A Laugh From My Stupidity!

automagp68

Hey guys, thanks for all the suggestion

I misspoke earlier, its not strait ATF i put in. Its the dex 3 actually. Someone told me the dex 3 will not be as "on/off" as regular atf.

Regardless there is still some drag after trying it this morning but its much much improved over the crap that was in it. I might try the cross hatch pattern thing shown above also.

I guess i can see some of yours point about not recommending this for a total noob. I think its fine for me however. after 25 years on bikes i do have many bad habits from go fast riding, but i also have 25 years of clutch and braking skills. 

Honestly i was thinking the bike was a little slow lol ( Shows that i know jack about trials bikes!!) 

I'm used to a 300 ktm. its a good thing this bike does not pull like my ktm or i would be scared

The gears are so short 1-3 anyway that despite the torque, its very manageable for me. 

I did learn a valuable lesson this morning. I let my wife ride it, and she managed to wheelie it into a fence by grabbing some whiskey throttle. The bike is miraculously not even scratched. I can understand after seeing that this morning that this would be the way wrong bike in the hands of a total nooB.

Seems great for my overall riding ability at moment. Plus I'm kinda hefty so a little more power for me helps.

I was hoping she could ride it also but i can see already its to much for her. lesson learned.  

Thanks for all they great input. I appreciate all the help and great suggestions. 

Hey guys, thanks for all the suggestion

I misspoke earlier, its not strait ATF i put in. Its the dex 3 actually. Someone told me the dex 3 will not be as "on/off" as regular atf.

Regardless there is still some drag after trying it this morning but its much much improved over the crap that was in it. I might try the cross hatch pattern thing shown above also.

I guess i can see some of yours point about not recommending this for a total noob. I think its fine for me however. after 25 years on bikes i do have many bad habits from go fast riding, but i also have 25 years of clutch and braking skills. 

Honestly i was thinking the bike was a little slow lol ( Shows that i know jack about trials bikes!!) 

I'm used to a 300 ktm. its a good thing this bike does not pull like my ktm or i would be scared

The gears are so short 1-3 anyway that despite the torque, its very manageable for me. 

I did learn a valuable lesson this morning. I let my wife ride it, and she managed to wheelie it into a fence by grabbing some whiskey throttle. The bike is miraculously not even scratched. I can understand after seeing that this morning that this would be the way wrong bike in the hands of a total nooB.

Seems great for my overall riding ability at moment. Plus I'm kinda hefty so a little more power for me helps.

I was hoping she could ride it also but i can see already its to much for her. lesson learned.  

Thanks for all they great input. I appreciate all the help and great suggestions.

Trials is a skills game. Your experience will help only to a certain extent.

You only have four contact points with the bike, and you basically need to stay centered and let it move under you.

You also need to learn to ride with one finger on the clutch and front brake. The clutch is your bailout tool.

Have some fun and ride!

Also had a great experience today

I went to the local Sherco Guru here in Denver

Bill over at Balance trials supplies. He helped me huge today!

He gave me lots advice on setup, told me to get rid of the stupid risers and we spent some time talking about body position, bars, controls etc

He also fixed me up with some fresh brake pads. Mine were all glazed over.

He told me it looked like the bike had an easy life and was set up for trail riding not trials riding. Which would explain the glazed brake pads, bar risers and some other dumb things

I also got me some bar ends and some proper trials grips. Picked up my first open face trials helmet and a nice Sherco Tshirt! I think I'm ready to rock out! 

Also had a great experience today

I went to the local Sherco Guru here in Denver

Bill over at Balance trials supplies. He helped me huge today!

He gave me lots advice on setup, told me to get rid of the stupid risers and we spent some time talking about body position, bars, controls etc

He also fixed me up with some fresh brake pads. Mine were all glazed over.

He told me it looked like the bike had an easy life and was set up for trail riding not trials riding. Which would explain the glazed brake pads, bar risers and some other dumb things

I also got me some bar ends and some proper trials grips. Picked up my first open face trials helmet and a nice Sherco Tshirt! I think I'm ready to rock out! 

Good, you found some help. At least that bike is not going to be quite as perky there as it would be closer to sea level.

You have a great looking bike there. lotsa bling. gold rims and bar clamps, titanium header pipe, s3 cylinder head, blue brake and gear ends, blue bars, all nice!

Chain is a bit loose - leave a finger width gap minimum between guide and swingarm.

Levers are different and angled weirdly, balance them up a bit and bring in the front brake lever on the adjuster - it'll tire the crap out of you way out there.

use the lanyard kill switch for wayward riding too! dont hit the fence especially with your missus!

Great Bike! enjoy.

Nice bike. A lesson I learnt the hard way regarding Sherco and Beta clutches is, when parking it up till next ride, tie the clutch lever back to the handlebars. This stops the plates sticking on a cold start. I use a piece of old inner tube.

This is after you have checked the system is in good order, as you have done.

+1 for this.

As soon as I am done I wrap a small bungy cord around the clutch lever and handlebars.

Clutch plates haven't stuck since. I can just kick, eventually (I get too excited), engage and go.  :)

Lovely looking bike by the way.

Chris.