Hello To All, Interested In Taking Up Trials Riding Durham

andy hep

Hi there

im in chester le street

Trials every weekend in the north east, in the summer choices of saturday sunday and wednesday night !

my advice, go to a locsl trial, then enter one - best and most enjoyable way to learn !

cheers

John

Your R1 may as well be an aeroplane !

Go and look at a trial first, no not a proper event go and look at a club beginners day first, I am sure someone with local experience can point you in the right direction with regards to your nearest club.

I have known plenty of first timers with road bike experience who have spent their money then had difficulty literally riding across a muddy field to get to the sections, it is much much harder than it looks, but if it is for you you will bin the R1 and never look back !

Probably an event on within 30 Miles of you every weekend (join a couple of clubs) and every one will give you a different experiance.

Good luck and I hope you join our crowd.

I have a friend who is guiding me and keeping me right. He is running a Beta 200 and loves it. Apparently we have endless amounts of trial locations and clubs on my doorstep around the Durham area so that's a good sign. Off to a trial on Sunday to spectate and have a bit of chat with the people.

Hi Andy

All good advice mate

I'm about a year in and onto my 4th bike already

After 20 year on road bikes I thort I'd give it a try

Anyway I sold my road bike n dnt ever want to ride one again, trials is soooo much better mate, I'll love it

Enjoy and butsfield is a great venue mate

Hi Andy,

Tell you something,,,,,,,,,If you like trials and keep it up, Your road riding will improve ! (Believe me as it does)  and as said above its not as easy as it looks but keep going bud,don't give up  :thumbup:

Just enjoy learning and have fun,  :D