Shocks For Tlr200

bigmike1961

I've recently purchased a TLR200, It needs new shocks, what spring rates have people gone with? 40 or 50 lb springs?

I was looking at getting these: http://www.smproducts.co.uk/products/suspension?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.pbv.v9.tpl&product_id=601&category_id=25

post-8876-0-68520300-1451258341_thumb.jpg

Edited by bigmike1961

I'm 4 stone lighter, does having the shocks canted over from vertical increase the force or decrease it?

It's not the angle that counts. It is the leverage ratio

You need to measure two distances and divide one by the other to get the leverage ratio

distance one: distance between swingarm pivot and wheel axle centres

distance two: distance from swingarm pivot centre to centre-line of shockie (measured at 90 degrees)

If you divide distance one by distance two on a twinshock bike, you will usually get a number between 1 and 1.5

A standard 1960s Bultaco trials bike will have a number close to 1, and a 1980s trials bike will usually have a number near to 1.4

I weigh 95 kg and on my bikes that are near 1, I use 40 pound springs. On my bikes that are around 1.2, I use 50 pound springs and on my 1.4 bike, I use 60 pound springs.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I run mine on Rockshocks(390mm) and they work a treat, and you can adjust them for sag so you get more grip in muddy conditions. They can be overhauled very cheap and done by yourself. Take 20 minutes to replace the oil. I previously run NJB's and Betor and they are not in the same league.

Also you were talking about the power bomb exhaust, I have one fitted and it does give you more grunt on bottom end.

• Like 1