Rev3. What Front End Do I Have?

petrg

The 2000 rev was the only year they did inverted forks, another way to tell if it is a first year rev is the side mount air box and the aioli rear shock will have a piggyback resivor on it, the only year they did those two things.

The side entry airbox was in both 2000 and 2001. Upside down forks could be ordered on 2001 models but I expect very few were. Fitting 2001 plastics to 2000 year bikes was popular. I expect your bike is a 2000 with 2001 plastics.

Chances are those forks are off a 2000, and yes they were available on the 2001. I actually like those forks. Worst thing is the original fender stays were all red plastic and were terrible because of fork flex. In the spring of 2000 Beta came out with upgraded parts kit that was an aluminum fork brace/fender mount. Very nice kit and made the front end work. You have half of the kit after looking at it again. You have the fender stay, but not the brace. bob%202001%20national%20ca_zpsnmnapk3o.j

Edited by lineaway

Possibly much earlier as well. '90 thru '95 Zeros also had inverted forks. Beta switched to the "right side up" forks in '96 and then back for one year on the 2000 Rev3 and back to RSU in 2001.

Yeah the factory fork brace made a big difference.

Edited by dan williams