Hotheaded Sy250!

lastplacebrad

Why go to all that much trouble to strip the lights? Both the front and rear lights have a plug on them. Remove the lights at the plug, tape the plugs up and tie them out of the way. The front id tucked behind my number board, the rear is looped and tied to the underside of the subframe.

post-151-1147094161.jpgpost-151-1147094181.jpg

Why go to all that much trouble to strip the lights? Both the front and rear lights have a plug on them. Remove the lights at the plug, tape the plugs up and tie them out of the way. The front id tucked behind my number board, the rear is looped and tied to the underside of the subframe.

My thoughts exactly, as that is what I have done on each of my Scorpa. In, fact I just undo the headlight, and leave the taillight connected. Then, when ready to sell the bike, I pull of my number plate, and plug the headlight back in. Ready for the next guy!

Same here apart from I disconnect the wires to the rear light, cable tie them out of the way and fill the two holes with bathroom sealer. This stops the rear light from filling up with mud.

When I sell the bike, the sealer simply pulls off and the wires (and bulbs) plug back in.

• 2 weeks later...

My old man always told me "if it aint broke don't fix it," but i never have managed to stick to this. I can't resist trying to improve and simplify things. It's a personal preference, but having completed the job; the wiring is neater, more accessible and each component more easily identified. The bike is running well and I now know my way around it a lot better. If anyone else is thinking about simplifying the wiring I've attached a photo from birkett's that should help. It shows the connections you should be left with after you've stripped the wiring harness. Contrary to another post elsewhere you do have to retain the condenser or your fan will cut out at high revs.

The plug with black/red connections goes to the condenser and the other to the fan.

post-66-1148044972.jpg

Have you joined all the reds together and all the blacks together. I was told to do that by Birketts but its nice to see one in the flesh. I am doing mine at the moment to make it easier for fault finding. My fan at the moment cuts out when the engine is revved so am fitting a new condensor.