Raring To Go, (One More Sleep)

johnboy999

Feel like a 5 year old on Christmas Eve so excited.
First ride for 39 years.
Off in morning to c if I can master the bike or will it master me,
Shame it's not a pre 65 classic as it would be old like me & I was addicted to Castrol R.
Any tips on the first practice.
Cheers.

post-20-0-74608700-1455306362_thumb.jpeg

Edited by andy
OCD couldn't handle wonky photo
  • Like 3

It's like a second childhood coming back after a lonnng break. Feels great being back on a bike just spend time getting your balance and throttle/clutch feeling before launching at big steps!! It comes flooding back very quickly (not sure it was ever really there though) takes time to get bike fitness back.

Enjoy and try to find some rocky bits to ride round on. Best practice is to try the easy route at a trial you get more confidence and advice amongst others

Thanks Whitehawk, I am sorry to say I know nothing about 175 Yamaha , yes it's a Miller hi boy ok

I was looking for a lightweight pre 65 as I was brought up on & with British bikes but was unable to find anything but am proud to say I did buy a new 250 Yamaha in 1976 and rode in the SSDT and got my silver medal that was one ambition of mine years ago,

This little bike had been stored for 20 years in a barn , the guy brought it for his daughter and she rode it for 2 years then gave up he just put it away. I will find out tomz if I can manage it at my age if not we'll they are always looking for observers & so I will spend my time doing that I just want to be involved in something I loved years ago,

Cheers

• Like 1

Ha Ha Ha , brill time , the bug bites even more , I have stiff joints ! To be expected , what a great bunch of lads a pleasure to be in there company .

NOW big prob , I am to high up on this hi boy frame got to find a way of maybe lowering footrests ????, or different bike, (Bantam) ?????

Also I had prob with blocking pilot jet but can sort this,

Now what's the advice oh wise ones,

Cheers

• Like 1

Hi Spen/Bill , I am thinking hard on this one , from the ground level to the top of the pegs is 16in I don't know what the 175 TY is, I am 6ft so there should not be a problem

I just did not feel right , I sat on a bantam stood up and I felt fine ,

I know I could borrow yours but I could not do that & it is a great offer thanks.

I will put a pic up later and u will c the problems with lowering them ,

Don't think the bars are the prob & it would not be right to butcher the frame. ( HELP !!!!!! ) ha ha